How to Fix VLC Not Playing on Windows and Mac OS?
We are going to solving VLC not working Problem like “VLC not playing video, say MKV”, “VLC not playing audio”, “VLC not playing DVD”, “VLC not working on Windows 7/8” and “VLC not working on Mac OS” and so much more. Here, you can get useful solutions to fix VLC media player not working Problem here, or simply switch to some good VLC alternatives like 5KPlayer to get rid of aforementioned problems.
How to Solve VLC Not Working Problem?
You can use VLC alternative 5KPlayer to avoid various VLC not working problem. 5KPlayer is an all-in-one free player for Windows and Mac OS capable of playing all videos, audios and DVDs without any issues.
Steps to Fix VLC Not Working problem
1) Fix VLC not playing video.
- This is the most common issue while running VLC. Sometimes VLC can’t play MKV , MP4 and videos movies downloaded online.
- Such kind of issues may be result from outdated VLC version or video codec incompatibility.
- So, try to uninstall current VLC and reinstall the latest version, or download and install additional VLC codec packs.
2) Fix VLC not playing audio/VLC no sound problem.
- Reasons of this issue are similar to those of VLC not playing video. You can fix this by following the tips above.
- And sometimes, you should check configuration settings if VLC is working without sound, say, enable speaker icon, unmute VLC, and enable audio in VLC audio settings.
3) Troubleshoot VLC not working on your Windows or Mac OS
- Discussions like VLC not working on Windows 8/8.1/7/XP/Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks/10.10 Yosemite can be easily found in the internet.
- Sometimes, we can troubleshoot the issues by uninstalling, reinstalling and updating. On occasion, we need to try other solutions.
- If your screen is turning pink and you can only hear the sound while playing videos with VLC on Windows 8, you can fix it do the following: open VLC > Tools > Preferences > Video Settings > unmark “Accelerated video output (Overlay) and Use hardware YUV->RGB conversions” > click “Save”.
Call Toll-Free 0-800-090-3966 VLC media player Technical Support Number UK
But if the VLC not working Problem still persist, you are recommended to contact the best VLC media player Support Number alternative 5KPlayer instead.