How to setup Cisco Wireless Router?
Cisco Wireless Router provides access to the Internet or a private computer network. Setting up a Cisco Wireless router can be done manually by configuring the router settings or by inserting the installation CD. Pre-requisites to setup Cisco wireless router manually is to be aware of your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Although running Cisco Connect is the easiest way to set up and maintain your router, users may want to manually configure their router.
Steps to setup Cisco Wireless Router without CD
Step 1: Verify if your Internet connection is active. If you cannot connect to your Internet, contact your ISP.
Step 2: Connect devices together.
- Connect the cable modem to the router’s WAN or Internet port.
- Also Connect a computer to any of the router’s numbered ports (1, 2, 3 or 4).
- Connect the power adapter of router to the power outlet.
Step 3: Configure a Cisco router for Cable Internet connection.
- Open the router’s web-based setup page. Open any web browser and enter IP address (192.168.1.1) in the address bar and press Enter.
- Enter your login details. You are now on your router’s “web interface” Control Panel. You can change your login password here.
Step 4: After you finish changing settings, click Save Settings to save your changes.
Step 5: Close the browser window.
Reasons for not getting Internet connection
The primary reason could be conflicting IP address of the modem and router. If both have the same addresses, your connection might not work. Solution? Simple, just change the IP address of the router!
How to change the IP address of your Cisco router?
Go to the Setup main tab. Find label Local IP Address. Change the address to192.168.0.1. Save the settings and reboot the router and everything may start working normally again.
Cisco Technical Support Number to setup Cisco Wireless Router
If you are facing any technical issue while setting up a Cisco Wireless router you can speak to Cisco Wireless Router Support Number UK and get instant help every problem. Cisco Router Customer Support team is available 24×7 to give help & support regarding Cisco wireless router technical issues.