How to Fix McAfee Error 1920 – Mcshield Service Failed To Start
McAfee Error 1920 or Mcshield Service Failed to Start. At the time of installing the McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7i, users may come across with an error known as “Error 1920, service McShield failed to start”. This is a kind of error which occurs in the registry section of the device to the incorrect location for the McAfee background service as discovered by McAfee Antivirus Support experts. Until users are able to update the software, they can Fix McAfee Error code 1920 by simple modification of the Windows registry process to display the correct location of the McAfee background service.
Steps to fix McAfee Error code 1920 or Service McShield failed to start issues
Solution 1: Applying of the patch
Applying of the “patch1” for VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i is an essential step to be performed by users.
Solution 2: Working with the Symantec Software Virtualization and Streaming installedfeature
If users are working with the “Symantec Software Virtualization and Streaming installed” feature then, using the 8.7i installation package that includes Patch 2 is an essential option to have. Modification of the registry path to the core driver while the installation process is performed is essential.
- Start the “VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i installation” on local mode.
- During the installation phase, as suggested by McAfee Tech Support experts, users need to wait for the 1920 error to occur thereafter.
- Important note: Don’t ever try to dismiss the 1920 error dialog box to avoid future technical glitches.
- Click on the “Start”, “Run” button and then simply type the “regedit” option. Click on the “OK” button.
- Easily navigate to the desired section and then expand the following key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\In the left area, you need to scroll down and then select the sub-key: mfeapfk.
- In the right pane, you are supposed to right-click on the “ImagePath” and then select the “Modify” option.
- Next, in the “Value Data field”, go ahead for the modification process of the contents to state the actual path.
Repeat the previous steps for the following two special McAfee keys:
- Close the “registry editor” thereafter.
- Dismiss all the error and then reattempt the installation process.
And now your issues related to McAfee antivirus has been resolved. But in future, if you face any such critical issue about to Fix McAfee Error on the McAfee software, do reach out to us at McAfee customer Support Number