How to fix Outlook Error Code 17099 for Mac?
Mac Outlook 2011 and 2016 is developed that has the functionality as that of on Windows OS. It offers calendaring, journaling, setting appointments etc, in addition to emailing. Users are provided with multiple interesting features. With enjoying MS Outlook on Mac based system, users may also encounter errors while sending or receiving emails, alike Windows. One such common error is as follows:Mac Outlook Error Code 17099.
The Outlook Error Code 17099 does not allow users to send or receive email messages and states that the mail contains spam content or virus.
Cause of Mac Outlook Error Code 17099
- The error crops up when SMTP server returns a transient error or an unexpected code.
- Error 17099 may also occur when you try to send emails to large email groups and
- Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has specified a number limit
Steps to fix Outlook Email Error Code 17099 for Mac
In order to resolve the problem, you need to use Microsoft Database Utility to rebuild the identity database, for which, do the following:
- Close all the programs running on your PC
- Press and keep holding Option key and then open Outlook 2011 program. This can also be done by opening Application folder >> MS Office 2011. Double-click on the
- Office folder and then again on MS Database Utility app
- Choose the database, which is to be maintained by utility and hit on Rebuild.
- A screen pop-ups, which will be displaying progress report. When the progress gets completed, a statement displays i.e., Your database was rebuilt successfully
- Hit on Done button to update all the changes made to fix Outlook 2011 / 2016 error code 17099
You might not find the given workaround as fruitful as expected, because it does not fulfill the task every time and the error continues to occur. In such cases You call Outlook Email Support Number for Help