How to Fix Netgear Router Error 651?
Netgear Router Error 651 certainly ranks as one of the more common issues of the Netgear Router Error Codes. Many numbers of users come across this type of error when they try to establish an internet connection using PPPoE connections. It’s really important to Netgear Router Error code 651 before anything wrong happens with your Netgear Router.
So, if you are facing Netgear Router Error 651, The modem has reported an error and usually the message will be titled as Connection failed with Router error 651. Then understanding the reasons for the Netgear Error Code 651 is required for you. And what steps you should take to resolve the issue can have you back on track or accessing the Internet connection service with your newly Netgear Router is crucial for you. This error occurs due to various reasons such as when the Raspppoe.sys file has be saved in the wrong location, Registry errors, IP address conflict, and so on.
Steps to Fix Netgear Router Error 651
Steps 1:-Reconnect Your Router or Other Connecting Device
- This is the most basic troubleshooting step, and everyone can simply solve this error by just reconnecting the internet connecting device. So if you are using a router then simply turn off your router and after 5 minutes, turn it on or if you are using LAN connection then unplug the wire and plug it back.
Steps 2:-Reset TCP/IP On Your PC
You should try resetting the Windows networking stack can solve error 651 and luckily windows 8/7/Vista and windows 10 comes with a built-in tool you can use.
Follow the below steps to do this thing:-
- First, launch a command prompt with the administrative right.
- Then copy the command “netsh int ip reset reset.log ”.
- Then press “Enter” key.
- Restart your computer.
- After this step, sure your issue is fixed. If not, then go to the next method.
Steps 3:- Recreating Dial-Up Connection
- Might be your internet connecting device get hanged during the connection. So the best solution to fix the issue is to recreate your dial-up connection. Then simply right click your “Dial-Up” or “Broad band connection” and then choose “create a copy” and then delete your existing connection.
Follow these steps to do this task:-
- Open “Network & Sharing Center” and click on “Change Adapter Setting”.
- Next, right click your broadband or dial-up connection and select “Create Copy” option.
- Next, it will create a copy of your existing connection.
- Now simply delete your old connection and redial the new connection.
Steps 4:- Boot the Computer in Safe mode. Disable Antivirus software.
It is suggested by the Netgear Router support team to boot the computer in safe mode with the networking and check if you are able to connect to the internet without any issues, safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don’t run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.
Follow the steps to boot the computer in safe mode with networking:-
- Restart your computer if it is powered on.
- Then hit “F8” key after your computer initially powers on.
- Once you see the “Advanced Boot Options” menu you can stop tapping.
- Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
- Choose “Safe Mode” with Networking and press “Enter” key.
- Wait for some time, while drivers loading.
- Then you will see a Welcome Screen.
- Next, login to your computer using an account with “Administrator privileges”.
- If this step fails then try to Disabling Firewall/Security Software if any.
Steps 5:- Perform Clean Boot
- Go to start and search for msconfig.exe.
- Click it to launch windows configuration.
- Now under general tab click on “Selective startup: and select Load startup items.
- Now switch to “Services” tab and check “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- After that, you just need to click on “Disable” all to disable all other services.
- Now simply just restart your PC to perform a clean boot.
- Hopefully, your Netgear Router Error 651 solve.
In case, if this Error is still appears, then you should contact the Netgear Router customer service number to take specialist help & guidance. Hence, call toll-free for further Netgear Router related queries.