How To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 40961?
Avast Antivirus Error 40961 can appear during program installation in your PC. While Software is running during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your Avast Error 40961 occurs. Here i am going to explain the steps by which user can fix the avast antivirus error 40961.
Symptoms of Avast Antivirus Error 40961
- Avast Error 40961 appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC crashes with Antivirus Error 40961, while running the same program.
- Avast Error Code 40961 is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Causes of Avast Antivirus Error 40961
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Avast! Antivirus software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Avast! Antivirus-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Avast! Antivirus-related program files.
- Another program frequently deleted Avast Antivirus related files.
Run-time Errors such as Avast Antivirus Error 40961 can be caused due to various factors, so it is important that you should troubleshoot each of the possible cause to prevent it from recurring.
Steps To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 40961
- Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 40961
- Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
- Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleaner)
- Update Your PC Device Drivers
- Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Avast! Antivirus Program Associated with Error 40961
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
- Install All Available Windows Updates
- Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
If You are still facing Avast Antivirus Error 40961 issues, want to fix it, Don’t waste your time contact our techies by calling our toll-free Avast Technical support Number for Help.